Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WOW IN QUADRUPLICATE!

Air! My lungs have still not re-inflated since the air whooshed out of them the moment I opened my e-mail two days ago and found the contracts for my very first accepted manuscript. What an incredible high!

My story, the first in what is to be a series of Christmas Miracle themed stories is entitled Santa is a Lady and takes place in a magical town called Northeringale.

While writing , I imagined this delightfully small town where everyone creates a miniature Winter Wonderland devoted to all things Christmas, probably because I grew up in a small town that had many of the characteristics I gave to Northeringale.

I began writing back when I scraped through the process as a girl beneath the tented sheets of my bed late at night my flashlight aimed narrowly for illumination and a pen and paper my only implements for recording my convoluted world view. I have no idea what happened to those long ago scribblings. No doubt my dog, Heidi, a very wise, and adoring German Shepherd pup, turned them into doggie confetti that eventually became fodder for the local pig farmer, or ticker tape at the yearly fire company fair.

Today, I am a retired Special Education Teacher and the mother of two adult children, my daughter Kat Holmes, a beautiful and astoundingly talented published author in her own right, and a gorgeous son who will be the model for my hero in some of my upcoming stories, but here's a teaser...he is 6 ft 2 in tall, has jet black hair, dark brown eyes that are almost black, the longest eyelashes that are absolutely unfairly sinful on a man, a mouth that dimples delightfully when he smiles, and a body that has had me beating women away since he turned eleven.

I am also the bemused and thoroughly enchanted pet of two beguiling mutt cats who love me unconditionally while keeping me on my toes.

Back to my WOW...I am on the threshold of a dream and the stars before me seem huge. I cannot imagine what is in store for me, but I am eager to ride this comet wherever it takes me.

Thank You MuseItUpPublishing, Lea and Carrie

5 comments:

MuseItUp Publishing said...

Congrats, LJ, but we should be thanking you for submitting this awesome and feel good story to us.

Janet Glaser said...

What exciting news! Wishing you and MuseItUp Pub great success with this clever story idea.

Antonia said...

Congrats! You have a very wonderful way with words. I look forward to reading your release. And i definitely recognize your daughter's name ^.^

Katie Hines said...

Ohh, that's so sweet. Glad you found a home for your manuscript!

Lin said...

Now I know how it feels to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow because all of your kind words make me fell like I have found those riches. Thanks so much.