Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tip Number One for Marketing

NOTE: OUR LINK COLORS HAVE SEEMED TO HAVE CHANGED ON THEIR OWN AND WE ARE TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH BLOGGER. THANK YOU

Over the course of the next few weeks I will post a few marketing tips in our blog for all writers, regardless with which publishing house you are with because it will help you market and promote your books, a goal that every writer must take for the success of that book.

TIP NUMBER ONE:

It really surprises me how many writers tend to forget that they have a valuable and FREE option to market themselves and get traffic to their sites-blogs-books: EMAIL SIGNATURE.

For those who belong to online groups, I am sure tons of correspondence is exchanged within these groups and the one thing that tends to be missing is a signature tag link after the name.

Depending on what post I am responding to I have a file with various email signatures ready to go. For example, with the opening of the publishing house whenever I respond to a writer`s general writing question I add the following:

Lea Schizas

Now open to submissions!

http://www.museituppublishing.com

MuseItUp Publishing – mainstream genres

http://www.museithotpublishing.com

MuseItHOT! - erotica division


It`s a proven fact that most members don`t click on a link the first time, but after they`ve seen it a few times out of curiosity they will click and find out what it`s about. (Sorry about the punctuation marks - computer is acting up.)


For a children`s group with every post I make I will add the title of my book and the direct purchase link where they can see the cover and read the blurb.


For ning groups I may add a link back to my Examiner.com writer`s section for them to read some of my past articles.


I have tons of different signatures to fit almost any type of group correspondence and help me get traffic back to where I want it.


If you have a new release then add something like:


YOUR NAME

NOW AVAILABLE

TITLE with a link back where you want these readers to go

a short hook to grab their interest


Short and sweet and FREE!


So, how many of you do use your signatures and do you mix it up at times.








4 comments:

Angelica Weatherby said...

There is a way to change the link color on blog if you go to your Dashboard, then go to Layout, then look at Font and Color area. I'm not sure if it'd help but at least worth a shot. Answer: On writing.com I have an email signature and a reviewing signature.

Kat said...

I use an email signature as well. The lovely lady who did my first cover also was kind enough to make me an email banner as well.

Kaye Manro said...

Yes I do use an email sig. I think maybe I'll add that little tag line too. I have links to my book, my blog and my website there.

Cher Green said...

I use email signature but don't change it up. I have my two blogs and examiner listed.