Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Murder is a Family Business - from Lee Alvarez


Okay, so for work today I dressed exactly the way my mother, Lila, wanted me to, even tho I wasn't heading into the office at Discretionary Investigations but rather following some idiot client who makes Danny DeVito look tall, dark and handsome. I put on one of those designer label pants, all zippers and no pockets and an Italian leather bomber jacket that weighs in at about fifty pounds but has hand stitching on the collar, so that's supposed to make it acceptable. All this instead of my sweats, which I'd rather be wearing, especially if I'm going to be spending the day tailing someone. To finish off this glam look, I wrapped one of those French scarves around my neck because the January days get cold here in the Bay Area, and headed out before dawn to find the 'perp,' as they say on Law and Order. Of course, I could never talk that way around Lila, as she doesn't like slang or any of that other kind of gumshoe chitchat. My mother is a lady, regardless of being in the P.I. business. And I'm going to be a lady, too, if she has to kill me to make it happen. Speaking of killing, who knew that murder was what I was heading for as I drove up the freeway and towards San Francisco's Embarcadero? Some days just turn out like that.


Murder is a Family Business by Heather Haven is set for a January 1, 2011 release.
MEET THE AUTHOR

9 comments:

MuseItUp Publishing said...

Lee, it's soooo nice to meet you. My Lord, your life certainly doesn't sound dull at all. I guess Heather enjoys placing you and your family in these situations seeing how she's penned a whole series of books just on your family.

Looking forward to the read and it was nice meeting you.

Kat said...

I can hardly wait to read it. Still love the cat:-)

chastitybush said...

Sounds like a great story! I can't wait to read it!

Annie Melton said...

Hehehe... I'm in *my sweats* right now, bet I'd fit right in with Lee! Looking forward to the release!

Annie Melton

Debra K. Dunlap said...

Sounds like a great rainy-night-in-front-of-the-fireplace read!

gspieler said...

You are off to a good start. Don't let blogging eat up too much of your time.

I usually use my book reviews or other writing to fill in my blog. Double duty, you know.

Freelancer said...

Heather,

Love the cover. Lee sounds like such a fun, interesting character. Really can't wait to read this one...and I'm really picky about what I'll read in first person!

Lin said...

Sounds like a great story. Can't wait to read it...and I absolutely LOVE your cover, but then I love cats. Having a cat on the cover and playing a role in your stories is guarateed to grab all of us over-the-top cat addicted fans.

=^..^=

Cheryl said...

Hey Lee,

Is it safe to say that your relationship with your mother is a bit tense? Maybe it will work itself out.

Can't wait to read more of your story.

Cheryl