Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dreaming of dragons

Did you ever wish that you could be something more than you are? I do. I'm a nothing, dumped at an orphanage as an infant with no idea who my parents were. Were they killed in some kind of accident? Was I stolen at birth? Are my parents out there somewhere, looking for me? I keep telling myself not to worry about it. If they really are out there somewhere, they'll find me, right? I don't have it so bad. I could be stuck at the orphanage, with all the other older kids. No one wants to adopt a teenager. They want the little ones with the angelic faces. But I'm not at the orphanage. They were able to send me to this school for psions. Of course, I think the fact that I broke more than a few windows helped their decision. I'm learning a lot here. The other students don't really talk to me much because I'm the top of the class.

The school is buzzing though now. It's the time of year when the Program comes to pick a student. No one know too much about the Program. It's some government thing, very secretive. All we know is that it has something to do with dragons and only psions are picked for it. They won't pick me though. Sure, I've got more talent in my pinkie than most of the others have in their whole bodies but I'm sure they don't want a girl with no past in their Program.

But wouldn't it be great if I was picked? LOL! Maybe I'd end up being different from all the other Links.

6 comments:

Emily Pikkasso said...

Great post! Perks my ears up and makes me want to know more. Here, dragon, dragon--nice dragon

Susanne Drazic said...

I'm interested in learning more about the book.

Lin said...

Antonia, from the moment I saw your cover I have been grinning like a kid with a new toy. I LOVE dragons. I love the idea of stories about dragons. After reading your post, I am wishing I was YA, but...shhh...I have to check here and make sure no one is looking over my shoulder...no....no one is hiding behind the doorframe. Okay when your book comes out, how about we just pretend I'm a YA and I just go ahead and do more than covet your book from afar?

Great post and it makes me wish you were here so I could do like I do with my daughter and tell you, "I want more!"

Terri said...

Okay, I definitely want this book.

Erika Gilbert said...

This definitely grabbed my attention!

Antonia said...

Thank you everyone! I hope it lives up to your expectations!