Sunday, July 11, 2010

An Interview with Jax and Ken

Interviewer: We’re here today with Jax and Ken, a couple of gents who have had the pleasure of working with up-and-coming author Kevin Hopson. Jax will be starring in World of Ash, which is slated for a January 2011 release, while Ken has signed on with Earthly Forces– due out next April.

What initially attracted each of you to your respective scripts? Let’s start with Jax.

Jax: Well, when I first read the script, I thought there were a lot of different directions that World of Ash could go in. The unpredictability makes things intriguing for the reader. Also, the ending opens things up for a possible prequel, sequel or even a full-length novel, which is why I wanted to get in on the ground floor. More than anything, though, it is an entertaining adventure that will hopefully leave the reader satisfied.

Ken: I think, with me, the main attraction to Earthly Forces was the mystery element of the story. There are subtle clues peppered throughout, but not even I pieced them together until the very end. When you add in the science fiction and paranormal components, it makes for a pretty diverse story.

Interviewer: These are debut works for both of you. How does that feel? Ken?

Ken: To be honest, I have worked with several authors over the years, but – up until this point – none of them were successful at getting published. So, in that regard, it doesn’t feel like a debut for me. However, unlike other authors, Kevin was triumphant in effectively utilizing me, which I am very grateful for. I couldn’t be happier.

Jax: It feels great. I’m only 29 years old, and I snagged this job on my first try. I have always been very confident in my abilities, so I would not be surprised if I come across as a seasoned professional when people read this story. I mean no disrespect to Ken when I say this.

Ken: None taken, Jax.

Interviewer: What is it that makes you a strong character, or the right person for the role? Jax?

Jax: A number of things, in my opinion. Though I never finished college, I picked up a lot of things when I was in school, and I also possess street smarts. I am a natural leader who is not only outgoing, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to achieve my goals.

Ken: I consider myself a more balanced person, which I feel was critical for the role. For example, I can take charge when I need to, but I am a sensitive guy who will also display compassion when the time calls for it. Furthermore, since I am a middle-aged man, I bring both wisdom and experience to the table.

Interviewer: What do you think of your story’s ending? Did Kevin do it justice? Ken?

Ken: Without giving too much away, I like the fact that Earthly Forces leaves the reader wondering. Even though I have my own theory, it does not mean my assumption is correct. It is up to the reader to decide.

Jax: All I can say is “Wow!” In World of Ash, I definitely did not see that ending coming. Also, you are left to ponder other uncertainties relating to the plot, which were never meant to be resolved. As I said before, this story could branch out in so many directions if given the time. I hope you see me again further down the road, possibly in future installments.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Wow I loved this and both books look sensational.

Rebecca Ryals Russell said...

Ken and Jax, you both put on an excellent interview. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Good luck with your ventures and future adventures.
Myrna Watts (Seraphym Wars)

Lin said...

Ken and Jax, you two play off of each other very well. Are you related? I am getting a strong geological tone to your stories and Jax I did graduate from college and grad school too. I had to take science as part of my core requirments but didn't want the typical courses, biology, chemistry, etc. so I took Oceanus, Astronomy, and Geology. I have a great love for all things hinting at any of those three disciplines. I am looking forward to learning more...and would you do me a favor and let Kevin know his cover is coming up on my ongoing parade of covers series on my blog too very soon.

And guys...keep your heads down...sounds like life is about to get...hectic...for both of you.

Michael Patriate said...

Jax and Ken,

Welcome to the MuseItUp universe! Come on over and visit on Facebook.

Regards,
Michael Patriate
Caorle, Veneto, Italy (1492)
http://facebook.com/michael.patriate

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

I hope it's not a cliff hanging ending in the first one. I hate those, but i love a good sci fi