Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Meet Christine Rollins

What a thrill to be here.
Let me tell you a little about myself. I’m ... uh… let’s just say a bit past middle-aged and recently divorced. Okay, divorced for two years, that’s fairly recent.


My friends and my daughter have been trying to fix me up with every available man they know or meet. Like I can’t live life alone. They have no idea how much I’m enjoying my new found freedom. Men complicate things. I don’t need a man in my life. . I mean seriously what do I need a man for? My  ex left me for his dental assistant. Can you believe that? After 35 years of marriage, he up and walked out. I wasn't good enough for him. I sacrificed my life so he could go to dental school, helped him build his practice and raised his kids and just like that, poof he's gone. Sure it was rough for a while. After the divorce I was pretty torn up. But I’ve recovered now and I have a good life. Between my job, classes at the local college and my family, I lead a very fulfilling life. Thank you very much.


At least I thought I did until I came home from a visit with my son. My daughter introduced me to Steven Payton, her husband’s uncle who just moved back to the states from New Zealand. Sexy hunk, too with his salt and pepper hair and his drooping mustache. Tall, dark and handsome. The kind of guy women drool over. The kind if you were smart, you ran away from. Confirmed bachelor type. Oh no, that wasn't what I needed in my life. I can tell you that.   Persistent too, I soon discovered, and very attentive. More so than my ex ever was. He actually listened when I talked about school or work. He asked questions too. Okay, so he won me over. I'm a sucker for guys with mustaches. We started seeing each other. Not that I could avoid it, he was staying next door with my daughter.


Then out of the clear blue my ex showed up. Just like that. No warning. Didn't even have the decency to call and see if it was okay. I don't mind telling you, I was floored when Tony asked me to take him back. For two years I’d been waiting to hear those words. Prayed for them. Suddenly, there he was – begging me for a second chance. Tony never begged for anything before.


Well what could I say? After all we’d been married for 35 years; he was the father of my children. Didn’t he deserve a second chance?


Second Chance will be released in June 2011.


Visit me at my website – www.roseannedowell.com and/or my blog http://roseannedwellauthor.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Lin said...

Since you are all advizing me to smile and accept the light flirtation from the bus driver I told you all about, I'm hoping Christine is going to get her boat rocked too.

Love you Roseanne...but i'm off to bed now abnd try to sleep through some pain. Tlak to you tomorrow when hopefully I will be feeling better

Viviane Brentanos said...

Mmm - I would be suspicious of Tony, He is after something. On the other hand, a guy who listens is worth a million. Worth giving HIM a chance.

Viv

Sherry Gloag said...

Wow, a great interview :-) I agree with Viv, about the timing of Tony's reappearance in Christine's life.
Christine sounds like a real fiesty heroine and she intrigue me enough to put her story on my wish list.

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

no, he didn't deserve any second chance. how could you trust him to not do the same thing again when some sweet little girl come sashaing around? sexy next door? I'd be worried about him too, but.....what a choice that girl's got.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Wow, interesting comments. Obviously, no one likes Tony. But people do change. 35 years is a lot to throw away. I'm not giving anything away, just saying.. that's my own personal opionion. Thanks for your comments.

Donna M. McDine said...

You have me hooked. Can't wait for your book release June 2011!

Janet Glaser said...

What a perplexing situation...I am anxious to find out what choice she makes and why...You're right a shared history of 35 years is a big consideration.

Congrats on your book for June release!

J Q Rose

Janice said...

Once a cheat always a cheat.

Christine London said...

Hmm...first knee jerk reaction is to say sorry to the jerk hubby, but then we are talking about a woman in the prime of her life and one who is put together. I'd cool my heels for awhile and let the men court me. Take your time Christine. Your freedom should be savoured and let any man in your life prove himself worthy of a gem like you. Motives will be uncovered. They can't put on an act forever. :)

Why do I get the distinct impression she is not going to take her time...lol.

Great premise!

Christine London

Susan said...

Nice to meet you Christine. I get what you're talking about, being married that long and all. I'm really curious about what's going to come of that second chance.
Hey, if you wouldn't mind, say "Hi" to Rosanne for me too.
I wish you success, Christine. (and Rosanne)

Roseanne Dowell said...

Thank you all for your comments. I guess you'll all find out what I did in June. I'll say hi to Roseanne for you Christine. I'm sure she'll say hi back.