Monday, July 26, 2010

Why E-books?


Why E-books?


E-book sales are rising according to many reports such as the one on Newsweek


For those new to e-books here are some reasons why e-books are becoming very popular:



  • Environment-friendly- no need to cut down trees

  • You get instant gratification with a download within seconds after your purchase.

  • Prices are way lower than print books. At the Muse our prices will range between .99 for short stories to 5.95 for full length novels

  • There are different reader apps that you can download for free suitable for your computer or phone to enable you to read some of the many formats e-books are delivered

  • No waiting for books to be ordered. As mentioned above, download comes within seconds of purchase

  • With an e-reader (Sony, Kindle, Nook, Ipad, etc) you can load a year’s worth of books in one little handheld machine, plop it in your bag, suitcase, sit on your bed/sofa and not have to lug around a case of print books. So if you’re planning a vacation, you can take as many books as you want with you—50? 100? 300? Hey, load up the full library and have reading material for the whole family to enjoy

    If you’re like me and love your big fonts, e-readers have that capability to enlarge the print and read comfortably instead of sticking the book right up to your nose


The above are just some of the reasons why e-books are here to stay and why I know you’ll truly enjoy them (and their low cost) once you give them a chance. I love my print book but after experiencing my Sony e-Reader...wouldn't part with it for nothing.

7 comments:

K.S. Manning said...

Don't forget that they are 'disability friendly'. I have a friend who is blind and using e-books he can read my manuscript using the screen reader software that came on his laptop.

roseanne dowell said...

In this fast paced world, ebooks are the wave of the future. With the instant download, there's no more waiting in line to pay for a book, or waiting for one to come in the mail if you ordered it online.

Jim Hartley said...

Good arguments. Now all I have to do is convince my wife to let me spend the $$$$ to get one!

Karen McGrath said...

We are staring into the face of the future with ebooks and ereaders.

Another plus is once you've settled into the sun next to the pool or the ocean on your vacation and crack open that promising paperback, only to find it's not so great, you can simply go through your ereader library for another pick without having to relocate to the bookstore or local library and lose your prime sunning spot.

I love having so many books at my fingertips!

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

you've about got me talked into a e-reader. now if i can just get my family to switch over. lol

Katie Hines said...

Great little post here, Lea. I'm wondering what it takes to convert my mg novel to ebook format, and of course, to square same with my print publisher.

Janet Glaser said...

The more affordable e-readers become, the more e-books will sell. Kindle has reduced their price. I remember having gas wars for cheap gasoline. Maybe e-reader wars are coming...