E-book sales are rising according to many reports such as the one on Newsweek
For those new to e-books here are some reasons why e-books are becoming very popular:
- Environment-friendly- no need to cut down trees
- You get instant gratification with a download within seconds after your purchase.
- Prices are way lower than print books. At the Muse our prices will range between .99 for short stories to 5.95 for full length novels
- There are different reader apps that you can download for free suitable for your computer or phone to enable you to read some of the many formats e-books are delivered
- No waiting for books to be ordered. As mentioned above, download comes within seconds of purchase
- With an e-reader (Sony, Kindle, Nook, Ipad, etc) you can load a year’s worth of books in one little handheld machine, plop it in your bag, suitcase, sit on your bed/sofa and not have to lug around a case of print books. So if you’re planning a vacation, you can take as many books as you want with you—50? 100? 300? Hey, load up the full library and have reading material for the whole family to enjoy
If you’re like me and love your big fonts, e-readers have that capability to enlarge the print and read comfortably instead of sticking the book right up to your nose
The above are just some of the reasons why e-books are here to stay and why I know you’ll truly enjoy them (and their low cost) once you give them a chance. I love my print book but after experiencing my Sony e-Reader...wouldn't part with it for nothing.