Thursday, October 7, 2010

Harvest Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:

1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
4 eggs
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (if desired)*


Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin tray with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt. Fold in pecans.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. If desired, sprinkle with leftover pecans.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool before moving to cooling rack.



*Pecans can be exchanged with walnuts. Or, to make muffins more of a Halloween favorite, with crushed M&Ms.



Lindsay Below is the author of Lurkers, a young adult novel coming from MuseItUp in July 2011. Her middle grade novel, Same Old Lie will be released from MuseItUp in November 2011. Visit her at www.lbelow.com.

7 comments:

Sandra Sookoo said...

What size can of pumpkin? small or large? Or how many ounces?

L. K. Below said...

A 15-oz can

Roseanne Dowell said...

sounds delicious

Kay Dee Royal said...

I must try them. I'm going shopping for a can of pumpkin asap. Thanks for sharing (M&M's will be a must).

Sandra Sookoo said...

I'm making them now. They smell so good! :-)

L. K. Below said...

Sandra, you're making me jealous! I'm on a diet so I can't even make them and it's killing me! Good thing I didn't include a picture or I'd be a goner!

Susanne Drazic said...

These sound yummy! I'll have to get everything to make these before conference starts next week or wait until it is over to make them.