Monday, October 18, 2010

Monsters -- by Heather from Same Old Lie

Some people say there are monsters under the bed. I don't believe that. I've always been safe in my room -- before now, at least. But I know that monsters exist. I *know* it. Horrible, horrible monsters who pretend to be regular people!

But... I can't tell you how I know. You know what, I shouldn't have said anything. He's-- I guess he's not a monster at all. He's not a vampire or a mummy or a zombie. But I'm not scared of those things, not after I met him.

It doesn't matter, anyway. I'm safe here, in my room. For now.


Same Old Lie will be released from MuseItUp in November 2011. Lindsay Below's young adult novel, Lurkers will be released from MuseItUp in July 2011. Visit her at www.lbelow.com.

3 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Sounds like something some of my grandkids would like to read. Looking forward to it.

Charlie said...

oh my... chilling. Can't wait to see it when it comes out. Sounds exciting.

C.K. Volnek

kate2world said...

what a visceral image ~ awaiting a riveting read