Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome and Recipe


Hello MuseItUp Blog Readers,
I'm going to be popping in all day with tidbits for you as part of my Halloween Masquerade blogging today.

First, let me tell you a bit about myself. I have three books coming out with MuseItUp Publishing next year. Ruins: Discovery is the first book in my archaeology romance thriller trilogy. It will be out in April. Two more books will follow shortly after (keeping my fingers crossed). Sugar Magnolia, a contemporary romance about the music industry, will be released in July. Both of those books are in the MuseItHot! division. Then in November 2011, I have a contemporary romance, The Premier, a book about Hollywood,coming out.

One of the first things I wanted to share with you today is my Pumpkin Pie recipe. I'll pop in later with Halloween remembrances and some comments about the holiday.

I love pumpkin pie and I have my first slice around Halloween or there after, usually made from leftover decorated pumpkins. When I shared my first Thanksgiving with my daughter and John, her future husband, many years ago, I was asked to bring pies. I found that John loved pumpkin pie. So, for Christmas that year, I made him up a gift package of all of the makings of pumpkin pie, including crust, spices, and whipped cream, along with this recipe. He was a very happy camper.



Pumpkin Pie
2 eggs
2 cups cooked pumpkin (canned, freshly cooked, or frozen but thawed)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 3/4 cup milk (can be canned condensed milk or fresh--any kind)
1 9" pie crust
whipped cream (may be sweetened or not)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
If you use freshly cooked pumpkin, put in in a colander and press out as much liquid as you can before you begin. Add all of the ingredients, except for the milk, and stir. Slowly incorporate the milk.

Pour into an unbaked pie crust and bake 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and finish baking for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

No comments: