Thursday, December 9, 2010

Florida Christmas Sunshine

I’m bringing our Muse readers a Merry Christmas from sunny Florida. After living in Ohio and Indiana for decades, I find lots to smile about at the unusual holiday decorations here. Hope these examples I found in the last few weeks bring you a few grins too!
 










Some of the local city planners sure know how to laugh (or tip a good bit of rum)! 












 









  


A little more sedate, but still fun …

At Mallory Square in Key West
























However, local homeowners take the prize for the wackiest. 
In my neighborhood




Santa won’t get his packages delivered while napping in a hammock under those palm trees.




In St. Petersburg










Maybe this babe can wake up old St. Nick! Guess we'll find out come Christmas morning!







 



If you enjoyed this tropical vibe, be sure to check out my upcoming book, Tears on a Tranquil Lake, releasing February 1st from MuseItHot Publishing.


11 comments:

Lin said...

Oh My...those are too funny! Thanks for giving us a taste of Florida's Christmas sparkle. I especially loved the Lady Santa...hehehe...and the Santa napping. One of my neighbors planted a cactus that I didn't think would thrive here in NJ during the winter we had last year...but it did...so maybe beneath the 15 inches of snow that fell maybe there was a heat wave going on that none of us knew about. However, I cannot imagine the Santa dangling in a hammock beneath palm trees would make it up here. Think I should sneak out and deck the cactus?

Wendy said...

I loved the candy canes. Thanks for the funny photos Marsha.

Roseanne Dowell said...

You have to love Florida at Christmas time.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Glad you ladies enjoyed the sunshine! Decking the cactus, decking the palm tree...it all works!

Pat Dale said...

We normally come to Florida to visit our daughter and grandson. It's a different experience for a 'northerner' to visit Christmas decorations down there. Somehow, it seems wrong to be wearing swimsuits or shorts and tee while putting up Christmas decorations. But fun!
Thanks for sharing,
Pat Dale

J Q Rose said...

For Northerners it is odd viewing Christmas lights not sparkling in the snow while wearing shorts and sandals. AND the poinsettias grow in the yards as tall as a man stands. Beautiful. Thanks for your photos of FL Christmas. No matter how many years this Northerner spends in FL winters, I still have problems wrapping my mind around a warm Christmas. Merry Christmas whether in the snow or the palm trees!

Charlie said...

Had to laugh at the photo of Santa in the hammock! How fun to see how another celebrates the holiday. I'm having trouble getting in the mood without snow, though last year we were snowed in for Christmas. No one went ANYWHERE! lol! Merry Christmas!
C.K. Volnek

Moonsanity said...

Florida is unique! I've only been there twice and never at Cmas, but I imagine there are even more wacky things than you showed us:)

Marsha A. Moore said...

There's usually something oddly humorous here to see that brings a smile. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of that. Smiling is great!

Thanks for stopping by Moonsanity, Charlie, J.Q., and Pat! Have a terrific Christmas!

Rosalie Skinner said...

Loved the Santa in the hammock. Great pics. Thanks for sharing. What a great sense of humor people have.

M. L. Archer said...

I confess...I was stranded in Florida over 20 years ago and I long for cold weather all the time. But it is a wacky, goofy place where you can have lot's of fun! Glad you enjoyed it!