Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Killarney's Cover Goddess Song

Good Queen Cover Goddess looked out
On the feast of Stephen
When the covers lay round about
bright and crisp and even
Brightly shone the typo that night
Though the author wasn't cruel
When poor Delilah came in sight
Piblishing was winter fuel
"Hither, page, and hide by meIf thou know'st it, telling
Yonder cover, who is he?A collector item be selling?""
Sure, no mistakes be made hence
Underneath the artist pen
Right again the covers hence
By Saint Delilah's chagrin."
"Bring me paper bring me tag lines
Bring me descriptions hither
Thou and I will see the heroine
When we bear her thither."
Page and color forth they went
Forth they went together
Through the author's wild lament
And the bitter weather
"Delilah, the night is darker now
And the light grows no stronger
Fails my heart, I know not how,
I can go see it no longer."
"Mark my words, my good page
Tread thou in them boldly
Thou shalt find thy author's rage
Freeze thy blood less coldly."
In her master's steps she trod
Where the covers lay dinted
Heat was in the very sod
Which the Goddess had printed
Therefore, Museitmen men, be sure
Wealth or rank possessing
Ye will bless the poor Delilah
Shall yourselves find blessing
Hehehe, Delilah, it was just too hard to pass up the chance to tease you on that one!

2 comments:

Delilah said...

LOL! Made me laugh and I need it before final I take tonight.

Killarney said...

LOL glad I could help. (: