Monday, January 24, 2011

Callie Corwin here...

Oh, what was I thinking when I trained to be a flight attendant?  Okay, so I take some of the responsibility for the idea, but Ginger should have never let it get so out of hand.

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of wearing one of those snazzy outfits and jet-setting all over the world.  The first time I flew with my parents, I was so impressed by the woman who brought me a blanket when my teeth were chattering.  Not a hair out a place, perfect make-up...she looked like she'd just stepped out of a fashion magazine.  I knew I wanted to be just like her.

Heck, when you dream of what you want to be when you grow up, you don't think about the bad things:  turbulence, the constant demands of the passengers, or possible danger.  I was a mess on my first flight.  My nerves felt like electrical wires in a lightning storm.  I came on that stupid plane believing I knew everything, but boy was I wrong.

I'm so ticked at Ginger, I want to give away the end of the story, but I guess I would only be hurting myself by doing that.  If you want to know what happens, you'll just have to read the book.  Like I've said before, "Where else can you be entertained for less than a dollar and not worry about calories?" 

You can get your own copy of A Wing and a Prayer at Muse It Up Publishing or in a multitude of other places that I won't list because Ginger makes more money if you buy direct.  I will list the Kindle Store at Amazon for all who got one for Christmas.  Oh, and don't tell Ginger we chatted, okay?   I didn't die and I still have a job, so I guess everything ended all right.  She's moved on to torturing another characters, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Poor Callie. She was so excited on her first flitht. I loved the book.

Roseanne Dowell said...

uh, sorry that's supposed to say flight. I need to pay attention to what I type.

lionmother said...

Callie reminds me of those books I used to read about girls who wanted to be flight attendants. I'm very curious to know what happens on her first flight.

S.Durham said...

Ginger your story sounds like great fun! It especially appeals to me because I thought I wanted to be a flight attendant when I graduated from Highschool:)

Cheers, Sara

Rosalie Skinner said...

Sara, I think we all dreamed the same dream. Ginger your story sounds delightful.

Ginger Simpson said...

Wow...looks like I have three people who might invest 99 cents to find out the ending. :) thanks for commenting ladies.