Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't Listen to Gossip

Look, I'll make no bones about it, I don't want to talk right now. I'm exhausted and I need to spend time with my family. Anyway, where were you when I hid away in the attic, a cripple too embarrassed to show my scarred face? Yes, you. Don't look over your shoulder. Oh, I was good enough for you then, when I covered my face with a beard and dressed as St Nick. You were happy to follow me on a merry dance through the snow, that night. But, afterwards, after the tragedy, you all stayed away. Now you've come back to gawk at poor Stefan Gessler.

I know you've heard the gossip. You've come to see the freak who found a magic orb and crossed to the other side of time? Haha. You don't believe I did that, do you? A man who claims he travelled to the 14th century has to crazy or a liar, right? Would you believe a story about a shape-shifting sibyl and an evil knight pursuing a harlequin who actually met Wilhelm Tell in person? Of course you wouldn't. I'll even bet you don't believe an alchemist can change base metal into gold. So go away, please. It would be easier to convince my medieval ancestors and peasants that I'm real, more exciting, too. #

5 comments:

Rosalie Skinner said...

Ahh Stefan, did we mock your pain? Still and all, you proved yourself stronger than us, over and over. Ok, now I believe you. No more mocking just deep respect and fervent hope you succeed in your endeavours.
Good luck, stay safe and please come back and tell us how things went!

Wendy said...

Rosalie, you sound sincere.
Better than telling you how things went, I could show you. The trouble is . . . I have lost half of the orb again. If ever I find it I'll let you know and you could come with me, next time, if you really want to. Are you interested in the 14th century?

Stefan Gessler.
Time Traveller
The Chosen One.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Cool, what should I pack? Will my iphone work? LOL
What does the orb look like? Can you find one on Ebay? They have everything there. Perhaps with Google we could make one?

S.Durham said...

Wendy, intriguing character Stefan is:) Looking forward to learning more.

Cheers, Sara

FireMummy said...

I can't wait to read about Stefan's adventures.