Monday, January 17, 2011

Hi,All Nancy M Bell is in the house!

Welcome to MuseItUp Publishing. I have two YA books scheduled for release in 2011, Laurel's Miracle and A Step Sideways and I am very fortunate to associated with Lea's publishing house. Laurel's Miracle is my first full length novel, I have been published in magazines and local newspapers with my poetry and short stories but nothing on the scale of Laurel. I'm a Canadian and live in Alberta with my husband and horses. I have four granddaughters who never cease to amaze me, I thank my lucky stars everyday for the wonderful choices my sons made when choosing thier mates. I have the best daughter in laws in the world.
What do I love to write? Writing for the YA and MG audience is great, it allows me to see the world from thier view point which keeps me from getting to old. LOL, I also like to write educational bits about horses and horsecare for Pony Club. The great thing about writing is how much you learn about yourself through your characters. The amount of research required for some books is almost more enjoyable than the actual writing, I have learned so much about the world around me from tracking down things I want to include in my storyline.
I love to hear from my readers and enjoy recieving feedback from them. Thanks for visiting the MuseItUp Blog and taking the time to read my comments. I hope you visit often.

5 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Hi Nancy, I wish I could write for YA. I admire all you authors who can. I'm afraid my brain is just too old. I do like having young children in my stories though.

Marva Dasef said...

Hi Nancy. Since I'm a horse lover (alas, none right now) and a YA author, I feel we have a lot in commong. I look forward to reading your books.

Pat McDermott said...

Hi, Nancy. I'm a city kid, but I love a good horse story. Looking forward to reading yours. Congrats on your upcoming releases.

Penny Ehrenkranz said...

Hi Nancy, I agree writing YA and MG is fun and gives you, as an author, a chance to be a kid yourself.

Rosalie Skinner said...

What a great way to stay young. Horses were my life for many years but injury put an end to that. They still haunt my dreams. The good ones.
Can't wait to read your story.