Monday, January 17, 2011

Introducing Larion Wills

Hi, I’m Larriane Wills, also known as Larion Wills. I use two pen names to cover the variety of genre I write in. Larriane is for science fiction or fantasy. Larion is for everything else from contemporaries to historical, some with paranormal elements. It didn’t take me long to realize keeping track of a long list of pen names was confusing for me and would surely be for my readers if I were to break them up further with pen names for each genre so I gave that up. Why I write is much like the man said when asked why he climbed the mountain, ‘cause it’s there’ in my head, rattling around, growing. When that happens the story just won’t leave me alone until I put it into words not just my thoughts. I start with pen and paper, finding the words flow faster and smoother that way. Into the computer comes after that first draft, the area littered with sticky notes to myself on the changes that need to be made. Many times it will be a note to check that fact which means some research time. I love researching history, but have to limit myself to keep from getting too engrossed and going too far afield in making notes for the ideas the reading gives me. My first to come out through Muse It Up Publishing is a historical western and will be released in May of this year. White Savage is also a non-traditional romance, meaning there’s more to it than romance, but the romance is there. White Savage will be followed in the summer by Chase, a contemporary suspense romance, with another western, Tarbet, to be released in the fall. Our talented cover artist has already created the cover for White Savage.


You can visit my webpage to see more about the coming releases as well as those previously published.  
Larriane AKA Larion Wills,  two names one author, thousands of stories
buy links: http://www.swimmingkangaroo.com  with nine to choose from
my links:
http://www.larriane.com                      http://larionmusing.blogspot.com/          

3 comments:

Penny Ehrenkranz said...

Larion, interesting that you use pen and paper first and then transfer your work to the computer. I used to do that until my hands got to old to grab that pen for hours on end. I don't know what I'd do without my computer now!

Roseanne Dowell said...

The cover alone makes me want to read this book. I often take notes with pen and paper, but commit it to the computer as soon as possible. I've actually stopped cooking dinner to get my thoughts down. Like you said, when an idea hits I have to write it or it won't leave me alone. I can't not write.

Rosalie Skinner said...

I used to love writing longhand and filling book after book with my growing novels. Then the computer became my tool and the pile of dogeared books evaporated. Some are still hidden in drawers but last time I looke the ink had faded.
Writing in several genres is talent in itself. Well done. I look forward to reading White Savage.