Monday, January 24, 2011

It's a Long Story (Kayla from LURKERS)

It's December 21st, 2012. My parents are gone. I'm saddled with my whiny younger brother. I get get a hold of my best friend. And somehow it's up to me to find where all the adults have gone to and bring them back.

What kind of a sick joke is that?

I have no idea how I, of all people, got stuck with this job. Well, according to Jackson I'm just his "sidekick" -- SO not a sidekick -- but still. I barely know enough about science to get a B in science class! How am I supposed to save the world? Sure, Jackson's the one doing all the theorizing and stuff, but he honestly expects me to be able to help. ME!

Even though we only met this morning when I stumbled across his voice on the radio, he's been a lifesaver. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without him. He's saved me and Josh from more scrapes than I care to think about. And he knows more about Josh's diabetes than I ever will.

I'd be over the moon to be working with Jackson, if he didn't come attached to his creepy cousin Morris. But even with Morris trying to sabotage our every move, Jackson is my best hope of bring my parents home before Christmas.

And just to be clear, I am NOT. Jackson's. Sidekick!




Lurkers will be released on July 1st, 2011. Visit my author, Lindsay Below, on her website www.lbelow.net, or on her blog, http://lbelow.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Viviane Brentanos said...

Oh I am liking it. I love the snappy style.

L. K. Below said...

Kayla: Thank you for saying so :)

Kat said...

Child abuse is an issue very close to my heart. I will definitely be buying this.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Sounds great Lindsay. Tell Kayla that sidekicks have their uses too!