Friday, January 7, 2011

January 8, 1958

So it's not January 8 but I'm beginning to get in that festive mood of crying. Hate 53 but then I remember Elvis Presley and his songs and my mood soars to the skies.

For those naysayers out there who thought I'd fall flat on my face...hello...I'm still here!!!


For those naysayers who dared to tell writers they'd amount to nothing...shame on you!!!


For my wonderful Musers...remember to simply tell the postman to RETURN TO SENDER any negativity. Enjoy one of my favorite Elvis songs and tomorrow I'll be posting quite a few in his memory:

10 comments:

ChrisChat said...

BIG Elvis fan...blame mom she raised me on him and all old hollywood musical. Eat, Dance, and Be Merry...Have a blast on your b-day!

M. L. Archer said...

Quote from Godzilla..."Elvis, he was the King!"

Roseanne Dowell said...

Ah the King still lives. I loved him way back when and I still love him. Good choice for a celebration. This song makes ne feel like dancing. Happy birthday, Lea (a day early)

Marva Dasef said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry. 53 is the new 33.

S.Durham said...

Have a fabulous birthday Lea! I like what Marva said too! Dance the day away!

Sara

lionmother said...

Lea,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love your sentiments and I too was a BIG Elivis fan. From the moment I saw him I wanted all of his records and for those days he was hot!!! I think he was my first real taste of excitement and rebellion.:) How exciting to have your birthday on the same day.:)

Enjoy and I will do what you said and get rid of all the negative stuff, but unfortunately it's snowing here and I'll have to throw him out in the snow!!

Brenda Hyde said...

Happy Birthday Lea!!! Shun the unbelievers:) You rock and we all know it:) I hope your day is very very special.

Joe Douglas Trent said...

Happy birthday Lea! You know, 65 years ago today Elvis got his first guitar. He saw his opportunity and ran with it. Lead on!

Susanne Drazic said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lea!

MuseItUp Publishing said...

Joe, and he ran and ran and that's why we're still celebrating him today.

Thank you everyone for the wishes.