Monday, January 24, 2011

NEVER Read Your Best Friend's Diary (Trevor from SAME OLD LIE)

I'm learning that lesson the hard way. Hi, I'm Trevor. And boy, am I ever in a bad situation.

See, I'm friends with this girl Heather. Best friends, actually, even if I've never been invited to her house. But one day, when she drops her diary, she starts to act completely wacko with me. I mean, I gave it right back. From the way she was acting, you'd think I killed her dog or something. Right then, I wanted to know what was in her diary. So when she wasn't looking, I stole it.

I know I shouldn't have, because it got me in this mess to begin with. I mean, alright, she misses school a lot. I just thought it was because she doesn't like school and pretends to be sick. Some girls in our class, like Rebecca, aren't the nicest to her. And yeah, ok, so she has bruises sometimes. I mean, she's always falling down those stairs of hers. She's so clumsy.

At least, that's what I thought. But her diary says differently. Her diary... it says her Mom's boyfriend hits her. I don't know what to think anymore. Is she just making it up or is that what's been happening all along?

I don't know what to do!



Same Old Lie releases on November 1st, 2011. Visit my author, Lindsay Below, on her website www.lbelow.net, or on her blog http://lbelow.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Mary Andrews said...

Sounds interesting. It's nice to see a boy's point of view as main narrative. Is this done in the book too?

L. K. Below said...

Trevor: I am the main character in SAME OLD LIE, though I do share the spotlight for a chapter or two with Heather as I flip through her diary.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Lindsay, Trevor already sounds like a good soul. I hope things turn out ok for him and for Heather. I will have to wait till Nov to find out.

S.Durham said...

Definitely makes me want to see how Trevor handles this difficult situation with his friend. Lindsay, nice job:)

Sara