Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh for crying out loud!

I'm Kevin Farrell, from Jane Lebak's The Boys Upstairs, and I just found out my brother Jay posted about me earlier today.

Look, I don't go airing my dirty laundry all over the place, so why should he? Yes, I brought him three homeless kids because whenever they were in foster homes, they'd all run away again so they'd be with each other. Given the choice between having the three of them freeze to death in a bus station alcove or bring them to my brother, what did you think I was going to choose? Does he think I'm heartless?

And this crap about maybe I'm not even sure why we don't talk anymore? I'm sure. I just got through telling him it's because I can't stand to see him wasting his life the way he is now. Yeah, I miss the good old days too, but you tell me -- which one of us walked away from that?

Well?

3 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

I have this on my reading list

S.Durham said...

Good comeback from Kevin, Jane. I'm looking forward to reading this one too!

Sara

Philangelus said...

Thanks, guys! Kevin is the Other MC, and he deserved his say too. :-)