Monday, January 24, 2011

Pain, scars and life

My name is Jake Turner, Deputy Sheriff of Badger County in Resurrection Garden written by Frank Scully, and I have a complaint.

What’s with all the scars? The story starts with me getting my back end sewed up because I sat on a cross cut saw. Scars down there are not fun. I also have scars all over my chest and back, some more on my chin, cheek and forehead. I don’t want to go into how I got them. Then someone ambushes me and there’s another brush with death and a big scar to go along with a couple other bullet scars. I can’t tell if I’m the luckiest guy in the world or the unluckiest. I don’t enjoy pain any more than the next person. Granted, my job isn’t without some risk. I hunt killers. That’s my job. It’s not my first choice for a career, but I’m good at it.

All I want is to live a normal life like everyone else. Is that too much to ask for?

Read Resurrection Garden and find out.

1 comment:

S.Durham said...

Frank, great way to endear us to your character! Looking forward to reading Resurrection Garden (when I get my ereader:)

Cheers, Sara