Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crushes (Kayla from LURKERS)

You know, crushes can be the worst thing and they can be the best thing. Take Morris for instance -- the guy won't leave me alone! It's bad enough that he stares at me all through history class, but why oh why does he have to be Jackson's cousin? The one thing I had to look forward to about school being out was that I wouldn't have to see him! And now, even with all the adults missing and my life seeming to crumble down around my ears, can't I just catch a break and be Morris-free?

But no, he's Jackson's cousin so to Jackson, he's family. Even if he is trying to undermine our efforts to bring everyone back.

Jackson... well he's been amazing. He's helped to look after my little brother Josh, he's helped me with Josh's diabetes, he took us in after our house burned down, and he's even run interference with Morris.

My best friend Charlie has been missing since the adults disappeared, and I need to get this out. Please, please don't tell Jackson but... I might have a TINY crush on him. Nothing big. I mean, half the time he still makes me feel like I'm stupider than a kindergardener. But the rest of the time... Jackson is really really awesome.

I don't think he even notices me that way though. He's always treating me like his side kick no matter how many times I tell him that I'm NOT. And I can't really tell him. I mean, Josh and I are basically living at his house! No, I'll just shut my mouth and pray that everything will work out all right.

It's just a little crush, after all. Am I blushing? I feel like I'm blushing.

But you promised you wouldn't tell, right?


Lurkers will be released on July 1st, 2011. Visit Lindsay Below online at www.lbelow.net.

No comments: