Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Little Things

February is upon us, the month of love. As Valentine's Day looms, I'm sure everyone has turned their thoughts to how they will be spending that special day. It can be a stressful time, as you worry about making everything perfect. So I wanted to take the time to remind you -- it's the little things that mean the most.

In the days leading up to that momentous occasion, don't forget to tell your partner how much you love them. Maybe a note slipped into their pocket when they aren't looking or actually lighting those candles gathering dust on the mantle. Maybe a special meal or a shared bubble bath or just taking the time to cuddle. The way to my boyfriend's heart is through cookies -- I cut them into little hearts and sprinkle them with red sugar. And hey, I know I for one would be thrilled if my boyfriend decided to surprise me by cleaning the house!

You know your partner better than anyone. You know what will make them happy. So why not take the time to do something small instead of stressing over something extravagant?

Most of all, have a happy Valentine's Day!


Lindsay Below writes young adult novels. Her YA science fiction novel Lurkers will be released on July 1st, 2011. Her middle grade novel, Same Old Lie, will be released on November 1st, 2011. She also writes adult romance and fantasy under the name L. K. Below. Visit her online at www.lbelow.net or on her blog at http://lbelow.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

jolenejolenejolene said...

I feel like a real dead beat after reading this post.... as I feel absolutely no stress around this....'momentous occasion' *shrugs*. For those of us fortunate enough to live in the Western World....isn't every day Valentine's Day? Not sure if you've read The Five Love Languages By Gary Chapman.....but might be kinda interesting for some....Have a good one folks.

L. K. Below said...

My boyfriend is dead set on making this Valentine's Day a good one. Apparently its his first with a girlfriend, so a momentous occasion.

Personally, I always prefer something simple to something extravagant. But I do agree with you -- every day should be Valentine's Day... or at least an opportunity to express your love for your partner.

Thanks for stopping by!