12 Lucky Holiday Winners

Friday, February 11, 2011

What's this love thing?

Ii was asked to write about love today. Now, for those of you who follow my blog or Twitter feeds know that I'm not known for my touchy-feely personality. Some people are likened to a mama bear, or a cuddly puppy. Me? I'm generally likened to Woody Harrelson in Zombieland, only less emotional.

Even mean ol' me writes the occasional love scene or has people in love (PIL). See, PIL are far more common in our world than people who are assassins for hire. Love, Actually is closer to the real world than The Expendables.

That puts me in a spot. I love the explosions. I think Jane Austen's books could have used an explosion or two, or perhaps a gun battle across France while Mr. Darcy fought the French to win Lizzie's love.

In my military SF novel coming up early next year, Road to Hell (insert shameless plug music here), I have explosions. Quite a few. Yet, I could also not make an entire docking port of people where none were PIL.

Because love makes the explosions even more fun!

2 comments:

Joylene Butler said...

Krista! You can't fool me. Anyone who likes a lot of bang-bang combined with love is a softy at heart. Great post. Thanks.

jolenejolenejolene said...

Road To Hell....OMG! THAT song is 'beyond'....hadn't heard it before...thank you for taking the time to post it.