Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2066 Greater Chicago Metro Champaign Area Psychiatric Hospital

I'm Katie McGowan from Rock Crazy.  I'm a patient at the Greater Chicago Metro Champaign Area Psychiatric Hospital, but Dr. Davidovich says I’m ready to go home.  I’ve been lucid and calm for a day now.  No more visits from my mother; no more temper tantrums.

Lee, I would love it if my mother would stay in the grave where she belongs.  I feel sorry for her most of the time.  If she’d gotten the help I have, maybe she wouldn’t have been so mean.  Bi-polar disorder runs in families.  The defective gene is passed down in the X chromosome, so it usually comes from the mother’s side.  But it’s hard to control.  You have to find just the right combination of medications, and then after awhile you sometimes develop a tolerance for them and they stop working.  I wish I could just get a mani-pedi and everything would magically be fine.  Pink Mambo-Jambo only goes so far.

Scott and Dr. D. want me to go to the Moon and get a chip implanted in my head, but the last time I was in the hospital there was a woman there who had that done and something went wrong.  She was a walking vegetable.  I don’t want to live like this, but I don’t want to be like her, either.

You’re so lucky, Lee.  Lila loves you so much.  I don’t want to give away too much of your book, but she was pretty upset when you got whomped upside the head.  You know what I mean, Lee.

Rock Crazy by Rochelle Weber, MuseItUp, October, 2011  http://tinyurl.com/RockCrazy

2 comments:

Heather Haven said...

I think we're going to be pals, Katie! I left another blog for you, just to let you know I'm behind you 110%. You've got your problems, but you're working them thru. You go, girl.

MuseItUp Publishing said...

BONELLA: Some got whopped upside down the head and I missed it? Oh, wait, it's 'them'--the MAKE OUT gals. One's ROCK CRAZY and the other is sniffing nail polish. Whackos.