Thursday, March 10, 2011

Angela of the Coven

When you’ve been alone as long as I have, you begin to get lost in the rhythm of your daily grind… and then days become months that become years until you lose track of them all together. Then, one day, a man walks into your quiet shop and while he’s practically old enough to be your father, there’s this irresistible, boyish twinkle in his eye, that impish flicker in his smile. And somewhere, a door opens that has been shut tight for so very long.

But with one touch of the hand, you can suddenly feel the sickness that will take him from you. You realize that while you have all the time in the world, his time here is very limited. What do you do? Do you turn him away and go back to the endless passing of days? Or do you take what you can, while you can, and consider it all a welcomed diversion? Or worse, do you make a stand on the outside chance you’ve found something worth fighting for and risk all that you have… and your entire family in the process?

I can’t do this alone, so I will go to the wisest person I know; my Aunt Maddy up in the old family home in Cabbottown. I grew up in that old house, and I still draw my strength from there. I just hope it’s enough to save this silly, lovable guitar player named Reggie Sinclair. He’s my second chance, you know. And he’s living proof that even witches fall in love! – Angela Bradbury. (Angela's Coven by Bruce Jenvey)

No comments: