Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Frustrated? Want to tear down the wall?

Ever feel frustrated where you feel caged in? An urge to tear down that barrier of negativity? Where you are told you aren't really a 'published' author because e-books don't count for beans? That only an authentic publication from a big traditional house matters?

Do these same naysayers understand that e-books have picked up ground...extreme ground?

All I can say is that writers have enough to deal with without another brick tossed at them.

To naysayers:

LEAVE THE WRITERS ALONE!!

To writers:

Tear down that wall one brick at a time! Don't feel like ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL!

6 comments:

Viviane Brentanos said...

This is almost as bad as the....have you made any money yet?

Payton Bradshaw said...

Coming from a technology background, I love ebooks because it uses that technology I worked so hard to develop. In the same respect with everyone talking 'green' nowadays, how can they not embrace ebooks? They are as green as you can get in the publishing industry. No trees killed in the production of the book and you don't have to worry about where to send it for recycling when you are done with it.

Ebooks ROCK!!!

James L. Hatch said...

I have six e-book titles now, but still aspire to print at some point. On the other hand, I finally bought a Kindle. It is much smaller and lighter than lugging print books and travel and vacation. In the long run, I might convert completely.

Joylene Butler said...

I read this post and now the song "Why Can't We Live Together" is playing in my head. Hmm. Good question. I self-published, have a book coming out from a small press, and have an ebook due in July. Yep, I'm one happy camper.

Charlie said...

E-books are the way of the future and will happily live right alongside the print version. And if there is anyone who doesn't believe a best seller can make it in e-books...I have a gal in my hometown who became a best seller BECAUSE she published in e-book! And it's not always about the money. It's about hooking that reader. If I wanted to get rich I'd look at a different avenue than books. lol
Charlie
C.K. Volnek

Kay Dee Royal said...

I know e-books are here to stay, we are there already - I buy enough of them to know this is true (tee-hee). E-readers have made it so simple and easy...there's no looking back.