Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lee Alvarez counsels Angela

Angie, never jeopardize your family for a man. I'm not saying finding your true love is a small thing. It isn't. But it's not all it's cracked up to be. I thought I'd found mine and got married. He cheated on me big time and beat me up when I confronted him about it. When I left him, I went back to the family that stood by me through everything.
This Reggie sounds like a good guy. Although, my mother, the lovely Lila Hamilton Alvarez, once advised me to never marry a musician. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I throw it out there.
Wait a minute. Lila believes what separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom is our ability to accessorize. She also thinks I should wear black instead of all my bright colors. It's sooo not happening. And don't get me started on the memory of her gutting fish in her beaded Halston when I was a kid; I'm still trying to get over that one. I don't care if she was wearing an apron, the rest of the girl scout troup thought it was weird.
So never mind. You like this Reggie dude? you go for it.

No comments: