Monday, March 7, 2011

Lee Alvarez fights back

Okay, okay, okay. I get it. A lot of crying the blues around here. Do you hear me complaining? I'm standing out in the rain in my Prada suede jacket, my new Ferragomo boots bleeding their color, my Coach bag soaked, my snazzy do by Mr. Phillips ruined and then I broke a nail. Well, actually, I am complaining. What the hell am I doing here? Who's bright idea was it to have me tail this perp, who makes Danny DeVito look tall, dark and handsome, up to the San Francisco wharfs? And then he gets knocked off? I mean, who needs this? I've got people coming at me from all angles trying to shoot me, cosh me on the head, or arrest me. And who set me up for this? My own mother. So let's just lighten up out there. You think you got it tough? Try dealing with a blond Medea, who never has a hair out of place. Of course, she gets to stay inside where it's warm and dry, while I'm out here doing the Noah's Arc thing. I tell you, some days it doesn't pay to get up.

4 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

I loved your book, by the way.

Heather Haven said...

Roseanne, that is such a sweet thing to say and generous of nature. Thanks so much. It has become a fun series to write.

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

Poor baby. the real world sucks, right?

Marva Dasef said...

I'll admit that you toughed it out on that wharf. Should have kung-fued those Chinese coyotes later on. REAL kick-butt female detectives would.

All right, all right. You're nice to lost kittens. You get bonus points for that.