Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wait a Minute

I smell a rat.

Yeah, we characters in this motley MuseItUp crew can hold our own. I mean, if we couldn't why would they write us, anyway?

But for the last several days, we've been nipping and sniping at one another trying to jockey for top position. And, what...?

Oh, Bonella. Yes, that is an ermine in the picture and not a real rat. I know a guy who knows a guy in Ludovico Sforza's palace. I bet you don't even know who that is. He's the Duke of Milan and employs Leonardo da Vinci, who painted the portrait of this lady and her creepy pet. Oh, you dated him once. Well, Ludovico shares space in this book with me, trying his best to get a war started in Italy. Anyway, this guy I know got me a copy. Don't ask me how that works.

Back to the subject.

Did you ever wonder who got us in to this inter-biblial, verbal slugfest? Oh, you mean you didn't volunteer? Nope, not even you, Bonella.

They did this to us, like a kid putting red and black ants together in a Coke bottle, to watch us strut and preen and slice and dice. Your authors and their evil queen, Lea The Greek. They conspired to dump us together into this virtual Coliseum, then give us a thumbs down should we balk.

Well let's not take it. What say you mighty MuseItUp characters? Shall we rise as one and take our rightful place in this pecking order?

Remember, when it comes to heading up our new organization, I'm the man for the job.

Humbly yours,
Mike

Michael Patriate, The King of Silk

4 comments:

Heather Haven said...

Well, I love the ermine, so adorable. And I don't wear them, ever. In fact, My mother, Lila Hamilton Alvarez, and I never put on our bodies the slain skins of animals. Vera Wang, Chanel, and Prada are something else. Now silk, that's something I can really relate to. Silk is just so darn wearable. So you're the king of it, huh? Maybe you and I should get together sometime. Discuss the fabric, have a glass of wine.

Roseanne Dowell said...

I'm with you, Mike. Let's do it! Let's show them who's boss.
Jordan

lionmother said...

Absolutely!! I belong on top and will be when I win the Olympic title I am preparing for in the next Olympics. Then maybe my constant hunger and bingeing will stop.

Mary Andrews said...

The Fireborn Chronicles: Resonances

LAYNALD: Ah Michael, you have indeed taken on the flavor of your time, haven't you? *smile*

But I do see your point, though it has been a long established fact that Ms.Andrews has never been able to dictate anything to me and I have always had final say on everything she's transcribed.

So, how do you propose to proceed here? Shall we host a revolutionary gathering where everyone can sit around the fire and get to know each other?

Or maybe break down into categories and share experiences? Doesn't sound much different than what we've got going here so far.

Hey, did Bonella ever find out what the prize for this 'duke out' was supposed to be anyway?

I've actually had a pretty good time just getting to read about and meet everyone so far. With all the telepaths and psionics surrounding Rael these days, I spend a lot of time by myself, so this 'set up' doesn't really bother me so much.

What does everybody else think?