Monday, June 13, 2011

All About Blogs - The Finish Line

It takes a little work, a routine and commitment to truly harness the full potential of a blog. Once it is set-up and you find your rhythm though it gets much easier. The main things to keep in mind are:

  • Allow your personality or the tone of your passion to shine through your blog
  • Keep the title and address short, concise and easy to remember
  • Really think about what you really want people to see first and foremost as soon as your blog opens
  • Remember to provide a means to contact you from your blog
  • Keep your important information secure at all times
  • Be yourself when making connections
  • Link, Link and more Links - to your social networks, friends and peers
  • PING YOUR BLOG
  • Include your address everywhere – e-mail, profiles, stationary, and forums

Your blog is your little slice of the Internet. It is where people will come to get to know you and your passion. With a little planning and a little work you can harness the full potential of your blog; by doing so you will be well on your way to building a platform of fans and followers for years to come. A blog is a tool that enables you to communicate and share with those you would never be able to before. It is a global instrument but at the end of the day it is just a means to have fun. Just like in Field of Dreams – if you build it, they will come.

This concludes my day here at the Muse Conference. I hope you had fun and maybe even picked up a tip or two. I have enjoyed spending the day with you.

7 comments:

Lisa Forget said...

A new motto: PING YOUR BLOG!

I love it.

Thanks again Brian for your very helpful workshop.

Lisa

Brian said...

Lisa - I like that motto.

lionmother said...

I liked your blog ideas, but how do I ping my blog?

Brian said...

Lionmother - After you publish a new post or make a change to your blog go to one of the ping sites such as www.pingomatic.com. Enter the name of your blog, the address of your blog and your feed address (if you have one) then click 'Pin.' That's it, you're done.

Charlie said...

Thanks so much Brian. Very valuable workshop today. I just updated my blog. have been religiously updating weekly, but now will do it twice. And pinging, pinging, pinging. Thanks!
C.K. volnek

Brian said...

Charlie - You are most welcome. Have fun with your blog.

Brian

Lisa Blackwood said...

More good stuff. Now I just need to get off my butt and get back to blogging. And pinging. I didn't know about that. Awesome stuff. Thanks