- Allow your personality or the tone of your passion to shine through your blog
- Keep the title and address short, concise and easy to remember
- Really think about what you really want people to see first and foremost as soon as your blog opens
- Remember to provide a means to contact you from your blog
- Keep your important information secure at all times
- Be yourself when making connections
- Link, Link and more Links - to your social networks, friends and peers
- PING YOUR BLOG
- Include your address everywhere – e-mail, profiles, stationary, and forums
Your blog is your little slice of the Internet. It is where people will come to get to know you and your passion. With a little planning and a little work you can harness the full potential of your blog; by doing so you will be well on your way to building a platform of fans and followers for years to come. A blog is a tool that enables you to communicate and share with those you would never be able to before. It is a global instrument but at the end of the day it is just a means to have fun. Just like in Field of Dreams – if you build it, they will come.
This concludes my day here at the Muse Conference. I hope you had fun and maybe even picked up a tip or two. I have enjoyed spending the day with you.