Monday, October 3, 2011

The Best Halloween Ever Inspired by a Budding Author

If you’re ever in King City, Ontario on Halloween night, you must stop by the Daoust house for a trick or treat: life size bodies fill the coffins, skeletons hang from majestic tree branches, witches lurk in the shadows and a cool, ominous mist fills the air. Add to this, a century home with a creepy cellar that leaves you chilled to the bone…

All this stemmed from the inspiration of a young boy, Connor Daoust, whose love for Halloween was brought to life after tremendous work by his family. According to Connor’s father, it takes weeks to set up the haunted house which, thanks to Connor, has become a family tradition. Neighbourhood kids, family and friends flock to the Halloween icon for treats and plenty of screams.

Kids have a bad habit of growing up, a fate which Connor Daoust is not immune too. In 2010, he went off to university, leaving the fun of this frightening family tradition to his father, mother and younger brother. Connor’s love for theatre and literature has him studying Fine Arts at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, intending to major in theatre. In Connor’s words, “I’d like to become a professional actor, but my writing to me is more important.”

At the age of 18, Connor has done something remarkable in the world of writing. He now has two books published, both inspired by his love for Halloween. If you want a young adult spooky read to complement your MuseItUp collection, look for Connor Daoust’s books, The Creepy Chronicles of Monsterian and The Rotten Revenge of the Pumpkin Queen, both available at Amazon.

By Joanne Elder, Author of Spectra, MuseItUp Publishing

3 comments:

Susan Royal said...

I'll have to share this success story with my 13 year old granddaughter. She loves to read and write spooky-scary-chills at the back of your neck stories. Good for Connor!

Roseanne Dowell said...

Sounds like something my grandchildren would like. More to add to my to buy list.

Connor M. Daoust said...

Hi! This is Connor M. Daoust! There are some things I want to note about my books. The books that are listed in this article are just my first editions that I wrote several years ago, and I am currently updating them vastly to be republished. I am soon going to contact the self-publisher to remove these copies. Much thanks to Joanne for publishing this article though, I greatly appreciate it!