Monday, August 19, 2013

Characters from Flash to the Past have a few questions for me!

Hi everybody! Today I am the one sitting in the hot seat in Langdon Middle School in Miss Wickware's history classroom. I am here with seventh graders, Kristy Sawyer and Larry Peebles, two characters from Flash to the Past, and they have a question or two for me!

Well, let's get this show on the road, shall we? Who would like to go first?

Kristy - I'll go first! I know why you wanted someone like me in your story. I mean, who better than someone who looks as good as I do and has a winning personality, but I am not much into roughing it. Why me? We almost died of thirst when you sent us back to 1776.  You might have thought about a...uhm...sturdier type girl.

You mean more like Molly Pitcher?

Kristy - Exactly! A buff farm girl! But don't get me wrong. It was so awesome meeting George Washington. I mean he looked so president like up on his huge white horse.  I'm glad I didn't miss that!

Well, what did you think of The Battle of Manmouth?

Kristy - That's another issue! We could have been killed. We were right in the middle of it and it was super hot. I need AC and it wasn't even invented yet!

Well, no, it wasn't Kristy and thank you for your input.

Kristy - No prob! Can I go to lunch now? All my friends want to hear about my interview?

Of course. Larry, what did you think and do you have any questions for me?

Larry - I wasn't sure why you would team up a nerdy brainiac like me with the most popular girl in school and send them back to the eighteenth century in search of Molly Pitcher.

Well, did you learn anything about Molly Pitcher?

Larry - Did I ever! She was one brave lady.

What about England and the Revolutionary War?

Larry - Yes, ma'am. Came face to face with events I had never heard of!

And last but not least – I needed you to keep Kristy out of trouble. I am assuming you thought that part was okay.

Larry - That part was easily the hardest and by far the best!

 That's what I thought. Go get some lunch!


Flash to the Past is book 3 of the Wickware Sagas.  Please check out Billy Cooper's Awesome Nightmare, Book 1 and Ride of a Lifetime, Book 2.  These are fun short stories with adventure, time travel and a bit of education about legends and heros in history!

Book 1 of the Wickware Sagas


Book 2 of The Wickware Sagas


http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Flash%20to%20the%20Past

www.pennystales.com
www.pennyestelle.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/pennystales


4 comments:

Marian Lanouette said...

Loved the interview, Penny. It's so much fun when the characters put you out there.

Penny's Tales said...

Thanks Marian. It was fun doing this one!!!

J Q Rose said...

I didn't realize you had a series of these historicals. What a great premise. Love the characters in the interview.Congrats on your series.

Penny's Tales said...

Thanks for stopping JQ. I have 2 more coming out in this series, five total, and then I think it's supposed to come out in book form. Woooo Hoooo!