Monday, March 17, 2014

Flash 21: The Weeping Rose Tree

The Weeping Rose Tree
by
Pamela Turner



I’m imprisoned in this sacred ash grove. He warned I'd never leave him. He’s right. For centuries, I've prayed to escape. But the road leading past this wood is forgotten. 

Adept in the black arts, he buried victims beneath twisted trunks. Their corpses feed the trees.

He stabbed himself after saying he loved me. I couldn't stop him. A weeping red rose tree grew over his corpse. Roses always bloom, buds malicious eyes watching me. 

I want that dagger. I'd stab those eyes to see if they bleed.

But I'm afraid of what he’ll do from beyond the grave.


If you like this flash fiction don't forget to vote for it in our voting poll on the left side.

1 comment:

cleemckenzie said...

This one didn't grab me. Also tense shift issue.