Monday, March 17, 2014

Flash 24:Stretched Beyond

Stretched Beyond
by
Sheri Chapman

My lungs were burning, expanding and contracting to exaggerated degrees.  My heart, likewise, was thundering and booming in my ears.  My muscles were already screaming with the arduous tasks I demanded of them.  

I only had a matter of seconds. Literally.

How would I ever escape the people chasing me?  I knew it could be done; it had been before.  I would do it!  

The woman was getting closer!  The wind screamed in my ears as I demanded more of my already stretched abilities.  

She was just about on me, so I strained to capacity! 

 …and won the gold!!!


If you like this flash fiction don't forget to vote for it in our voting poll on the left side.

1 comment:

S. Willett said...

Won it's way into my top ten.