Monday, March 17, 2014

Flash 26: Déjà vu


Déjà vu
by
Tanja Cilia


We’ve just moved to an old town-house, bursting with antique furniture.

I twist a knob on the bureau. There is a click, and a diary falls out. That’s MY handwriting. Weird.

But…  I never use blue ink, because it reminds me too much of the school homework I loathed so much.

April 12, 1984: Grandpa drove me home after I twisted my ankle when my sister pushed me.  I never had a sister.

June 5.  Crashed and totalled the Malibu. But our car was a Toledo.

My husband returns from work. But he is not my husband. 


If you like this flash fiction don't forget to vote for it in our voting poll on the left side.

4 comments:

Marva Dasef said...

A cliffhanger. Need another flash to explain this strangeness.

S. Willett said...

You have entered a new dimension into my top ten.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

An interesting piece that I enjoyed reading.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Jenna Storm said...

Nice suspense!