Monday, March 17, 2014

Flash 5: Sunset Over the Loch

Sunset Over the Loch
by
Dawn Knox


They reached their old meeting place by the loch at dusk.

“It’s been a while,” he said

“Thirty years, seven months and ten days,” she said.

“You counted?”

“It passed the time while I waited for you.”

“I’m sorry, I meant to come back, I really did…”

She sighed.

“But I’m back now and…” he swallowed nervously, “I hoped we’d rekindle…things.”

“I’ve waited so long for this.” 

“You forgive me, darling? We can start again?”

“No,” she said, “I was waiting for this,” and placing her hand on his back, she pushed him into the cold waters of the loch.


If you like this flash fiction don't forget to vote for it in our voting poll on the left side.

5 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

Now that's cold!

Susan Bernhardt said...

Great twist, Dawn! Enjoyed it!

Curl up with a killer – Cozy Mysteries
The Ginseng Conspiracy by Susan Bernhardt
www.susanbernhardt.com

lionmother said...

We think alike:) Did you read my story "Happy Anniversary"?

Dawn Knox said...

I have. And we do! Good luck with your entry

Anna said...

Just desserts! Great story, Dawn!