Monday, March 17, 2014

Flash 7: Haunted

Haunted 
by
Grace DeLuca


“Our new home, Mabel.”
“I heard this house is haunted, Jake.” 

“Are you afraid of ghosts?” 

“No, but some are nasty.” 

“Out!” A transparent being attacked Jake, shouting, “This is my home!” 

“Oh, he’s a mean one,” Mabel cried. 

“This house is mine now.”  Jake bellowed so loud the chandelier rocked back and forth crazily.  Crashing down, it plummeted through the ghostly apparition, terrifying it into diving out the window, and tumbling down the hill. 

Jake doubled over laughing. “Mabel,” he said, “I haven’t enjoyed myself this much since before I died.”  

They floated up the stairs together.


If you like this flash fiction don't forget to vote for it in our voting poll on the left side.

2 comments:

S. Willett said...

Counted in my top ten. Thanks for a fun read.

lionmother said...

Lots of fun:) I liked how you didn't tell us anything until the end.