Monday, March 17, 2014

Flash 8: A Bite of Blues

A Bite of Blues
by
Graeme Smith


The guy on the corner looked up, and his sax switched to ‘Stormy Monday’. I wondered if the ghost of T-Bone was laughing as the New Orleans rain began to fall. The Walker was OK, but this was the Big Easy. Not Linden-Texas. So I eased over. “You know any Jelly-Roll?”

He looked sad. “All I got’s the Wolverine Blues.”

I shrugged. “That’s fine.” I waved a fifty.

The full moon showed his flush, like he had fever. The rain washed over the hair springing from his face. The last thing I heard was the echo of his howl.


If you like this flash fiction don't forget to vote for it in our voting poll on the left side.

3 comments:

Susan Bernhardt said...

Very soulful, Graeme! I enjoyed this very much! Thank you.

Curl up with a killer – Cozy Mysteries
The Ginseng Conspiracy by Susan Bernhardt
www.susanbernhardt.com

S. Willett said...

No mistaking this unique voice. This short is counted in my top ten.

Marva Dasef said...

Nice combo of NOLA dark and wolfman.