Sunday, March 30, 2014

Writing Workspace: Susan A. Royal Style

Some of the authors with Muse have been sharing pictures of the places where they do their work. Mine is a nook in the end of my washroom (so I can multitask, I suppose) My husband has been after me for years to move my office to the room next to this one, which is bigger and I could spread out. We have plans to renovate next year and I’ll probably do just that. In the meantime, this works just fine.
I have a corkboard all across the wall behind the computer, and as you can see, it’s full of pictures of my family and writing helps I use daily. The cup holding my pens was a gift from my sister and says “write your own story.” Next to it are the covers from my first and second books, a constant reminder of why I continue to write. At the far left is my TBR stack. No, that’s not all by a long shot. It doesn’t include all the ebooks on my kindle. To the left of that is a window where I can see the sky, watch a storm brew or listen to the wind.
Right above my monitor is a photo of my handsome hubby when he was in his 30s. The blue sign on the shelf above says “well- behaved women have no fun” is my motto. The little statue to the right was a gift from good friends who live on the Isle of Man. Next to it is a little dragon that belonged to my cousin, lost to cancer a few years ago. This is where I spend my time dreaming up adventures.



Susan A. Royal 
From Now On (time travel, adventure, romance)
sequel to Not Long Ago due out in 2014 - the story continues


In My Own Shadow (fantasy, adventure, romance) http://tinyurl.com/knda4dy
Not Long Ago (time travel, adventure, romance)
http://tinyurl.com/pepshqd
available at MuseItUp, Amazon, B&N, Goodreadshttp://susanroyal.moonfruit.com
http://susanaroyal.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Heather Brainerd said...

I love your cozy nook, Susan. What an efficient use of space!

Susan Royal said...

LOL, I do have a knack for cramming a lot of stuff in a little space. Thanks for commenting Heather!