Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Anti-Autumn Post

I’m a summer girl. As such, I hate to see summer end. That means (sorry in advance to everyone who loves this season), I kind of hate autumn.

Okay, maybe ‘hate’ is too strong a word. But I definitely dread fall. Maybe it’s because, except in summer, I’m always cold. Maybe it’s because I don’t like it when the big yellow bus comes to take my little loves away. Or maybe I just really dislike the thought of winter. Whatever the reason, for years, I’ve dreaded autumn.

However, this year is a little different. For medical reasons, I’m now homeschooling my son. I don’t have to get up before dawn to see him off. I get to spend every day working with him and enjoying his company. We’re learning things together, and it’s a true joy.

Maybe autumn isn’t so bad.

Maybe I’ll just sit here in my window seat and appreciate the beauty of the season.


PS: Deep down, I guess I'm not really an autumn hater. After all, I've set two books during this season! Check them out: Dream Shade (YA paranormal mystery set during Halloween and discounted 80% this month) and The Sound of Sirens (paranormal mystery set during Thanksgiving and discounted to $0.99 next month).

3 comments:

Susan Bernhardt said...

Great post, Heather! Best wishes on your son's homeschooling. I'm happy that it made you enjoy autumn a little more. By the way, I love the photo. You have a beautiful backyard.

Heather and her brother, Dave write wonderful mysteries. I've read the first in their Jose Picada series.

After the mystery I am presently reading, I plan to start their Jose Picada "Sound of the Sirens" perfect for this time of year, and as a bonus which I didn't realize, it's a Thanksgiving mystery.

Dream Shade is also on my TBR list as well as Shadows of New York.

helenafairfax.com said...

Great post, Heather, and I love the photo. I agree, autumn can be a dreary season, especially as the days get shorter, but at least we have the holiday season to look forward to :) I hope the home-schooling goes well and you both continue to enjoy it.

Heather Brainerd said...

Thank you, Susan and Helena, for your kind comments. I really have appreciated the beauty of autumn this year.