Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Musings: Thankful for...



Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!



Musers are Thankful for...



I'm thankful for just about everything:

My family, mostly extended now but still wonderful, supportive, and consisting of some fine, interesting, and talented people.

My animals, cats and fish.  Naturally.

My writing and the home it has found with MIU.  My MIU team and family.




What am I thankful for? Each Thanksgiving I ask myself that question and always the answer was my family, my friends and my health. I am not Canadian, so we celebrate in November, but for all my Canadian friends who do celebrate I have to add this now. I am thankful for my family, my daughters and my brother and his family are just the best you could ever hope to have as relatives. I am thankful for my friends, and now I must add my Canadian friends and especially my friends from The Secret Garden, with whom I have become close and who have helped me get through some painful times this year. They have also been there to help me with my radio program and for that I am very grateful to them. I should also add my poet friends with whom I have found another haven for my writing and kindred souls. And I am thankful for my health, which is constantly being checked and so I have to thank my doctors too for helping me in this respect. One other thing I am thankful for is having been able to publish my two YA novels and have them be greeted with such acclaim. It thrills me to see how people react to my books and how kids react to reading my books. I will always be thankful that I met Lea Schizas and became an author of MuseItUp Publishing. MIU has been an important factor in my life and I am so happy to be a part of this great bunch of people!!



I’m not Canadian, but I could have been, had my parents not changed their mind about emigrating before I was born. That’s is probably the one thing I am not thankful for. But I am thankful for…

The wonderful parents that I had, the loving home they gave me and the freedom I had when growing up.

My wonderful husband, for his love and support throughout the twenty-nine years of our marriage.

Family is getting thin now, but I am thankful for those who are still around.  Even those I no longer see.

Friends, without them life would be dull.

Our Canadian family and friends, who always greet us with such pleasure when we descend upon them.

For my Muse family, and MuseItUp, for their faith in me.

Lastly, but not least, I am thankful to Canada and the Canadian people. For its beauty and serenity.  For its friendship and for giving me the inspiration to write.  My heart will always be with you.



I have a lot I'm thankful for but I won't bore you with the full list. Just the big ones.

I'm thankful for my daughters, the love and friendship we share, and the fun we have together. My family, especially my parents who are supportive and always willing to help out. I've had health issues the last two years along with surgeries. My daughters and I plus our Chiweenie stayed at my parents for several weeks while I recuperated after each surgery. Keep in mind our dog, part Chihuahua and Dachshund, has one of those high-pitched barks that cut right through you.

I'm thankful for friends. Those I've met online and those who live near. Without their support, care and humor life would be boring.

I'm thankful for Muse and the opportunity to write for them. For Lea, Chris and the authors who are supportive, willing to share writing advice and knowledge.

I'm thankful for good health. Mind and body. Not just mine but my loved ones too.

I'm thankful for every successful day, when the words flow, and the story comes together. For everyday that I feel happy, blessed and optimistic. And for each moment I realize it.

I hope my Canadian friends take a much deserved break to enjoy their holiday. I'll be finishing book 2's plot revisions and giving thanks the book is nearly finished!

Happy Thanksgiving!!



I am thankful for the strangers who became dear friends and for all the strong women (many in my own family) who came before me and paved the way. For my husband and children who are the light of my life and always have a ready chuckle or eye roll. For my family, in their entirety and then some, I wouldn't have the strength I have now without their genes.

For those wonderful ladies (best friends) who I've known forever and still don't run screaming in the opposite direction when I appear (unannounced) on their doorstep.

I'm thankful for the chance Muse gave me to shine and share my love of writing with those who love to read.

I am thankful for fall turning into winter, and night into day. For the loudness of the party and the silence of loneliness.

Above all else, I am thankful to have this wonderful life filled with laughter and annoyances, joy and tears. I'm thankful to just be alive.



With a husband who's had serious heart trouble for the past few years, I wake up every morning, thankful we get another day to spend together and determined to make it a good one. We've been married a long time, and it's been a good life. I'm very fortunate.



When I first set this question to everyone I thought it was an easy answer, but sitting here writing it's difficult to write what the heart feels and the mind knows. Either I ramble and risk missing something...someone...or I go simple and risk sounding flippant. The answer really is quiet simple, but given my mindset at this moment, I am thankful for everyone and everything, opportunity that has come into my life. However, at this moment I'm also thankful for the chance to continue my self-discovery. The chance to know myself better, change where I should, and move forward into the unknown.



Dear reader, thank you again for joining us and we’d love to hear from you. Keep smiling and have a fun week. Never stop believing. See you next Sunday…nothing better than being cozy in bed with some Musings.


If you have a question or comment you’d like us to muse upon, do not hesitate to contact me 
Christine Steeves-Speakman  at MuseChrisChat@gmail.com

1 comment:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Thankk you, all, for sharing what you're thankful for this special time of year. I'm thankful for all of you.