Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday Musings: Happy 2016!

Happy 2016

Wishing you the best from the Muse Family.



To everyone, I wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful new year. May you bring sunshine and positivity to everyone you meet in 2016 and beyond.



My New Years wish for you is that you find, and keep, the Sweet Spot. The Sweet Spot is that magical confluence of factors that give you some time to write, a comfy place to write, a great idea to chew on, and the health/energy to see that idea through to completion. Of course, I also wish for you great health, food and shelter, and people who love you. If world peace happens, that's cool, too.



I wish all the folks at MIU, their families, and those many others who have become our family by reading and sharing in our books a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year.



For all writerly friends and readers, I wish the best for everyone, especially love and happiness, in this new year of 2016!



I gave up making New Year Resolutions many moons ago, but they linger in the memory.

Less waistline - better health; financial ease; and happiness are the typical write-up.

Since becoming a published novelist that might translate as:  More words - better output; more sales; and oodles of five-star reviews from folk I don't know. It still looks like a cop-out from any kind of original thought.

So what are my wishes for 2016?

A little self-knowledge; a little self-discipline; and a lot of self-forgiveness. The results might be amazing.



Most people have dreams. One of mine has always been to become a published romantic historical novelist. I have achieved it with the publication of not one but five novels, and a sixth to be published in spring, 2016. So, as well as wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year I also hope your dreams will come true,



My New Year Wish is that I could wake up on the 1st January 2016, turn on the news, and hear that all the wars in the world have come to an end. All nationalities have put their differences aside and agreed to live and let live. All the refugees are able to return to their own country and everyone pulls together to re-build what has been destroyed. 

That is my wish, but I know that when I do turn on the news, I'll be disappointed.



My New Year's Wishes? Since I quite literally JUST returned from my study abroad exchange in England, met dazzling new friends (they really were wonderful people, I'm not even exaggerating), climbed swelling, rocky hills in Edinburgh, watched Star Wars for the first time in Bath, donned a 18th-century gown in a fashion museum, and nearly had a religious experience seeing Monet works at the National Gallery in London, I can't say I'm itching for anything tremendous to happen in 2016. There is a very special internship in NYC I'm gunning for, and I would like to survive my junior year of college, but other than that? I'd like to stay healthy and optimistic, I guess. I wish for my whole family to stay safe, and maybe for world violence to tone it down a bit because it's terrifying and sad to read about school shootings and refugees being denied the right to enter a safe place. OH, and I don't want Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton to be president. Just--please no. ;)



Continuing to dream and make them a reality.


Dear reader, thank you again for joining us and we’d love to hear from you. Keep smiling and have a fun week. Never stop believing. See you next Sunday…nothing better than being cozy in bed with some Musings.


If you have a question or comment you’d like us to muse upon, do not hesitate to contact me Christine Steeves-Speakman  at MuseChrisChat@gmail.com


3 comments:

Dawn Knox said...

Happy New Year everyone! x

Lisa Lickel said...

Joy to all - find a new book and author to love this year!
http://www.lisalickel.com

Beverly Stowe McClure said...


Thanks for all the lovely New Year wishes and thoughts.
Happy New Year blessings to all. May your dreams come true.