Sunday, June 4, 2017

Refresh: Sunday Musings - What is Sunday Musings


Morning,

Hope you’ve been having a great weekend.

Today I thought I would take you for a ride as to what Sunday Musings is and how it came to be. Reading over our musings, I couldn’t find a post where I ever really talked about Sunday Musings. Let’s see how well I keep the ramble out of it all…

Way back when I first came online…no not in the time of dinosaurs, though it feels that way some days…I found a yahoogroup chat “room” where I was lucky enough to make some supportive friendships. One thing lead to another and I ended up taking on a survey for a small magazine.

Move ahead a couple of decades…no, I’m still not as old as dinosaurs…and Lea and I were tossing ideas around about how to bring our authors to you. I mean, everyone’s tired of the same old “buy my book” “like my page” “follow me” shouts we see via social media. Right?

Besides, we had gotten to know our authors and wanted you to know them, too. Get a little peek inside their minds…who they are, how they think, some writing advice. Hey, I was curious so someone else must be too. Right?

But, we had the interview postings. The bios. The book blurbs, tags, banners. We wanted something else, something to browse and maybe share a giggle. Something quick to read on an easy morning…ahhh, the old comfy reading the Sunday papers in bed type of thing.

Sunday Musings was born.

We had the day.

We were thinking, sharing…musing on the topic.

We had the name, not too much of a stretch from brand…MuseItUp to Musers Musings.

And, if I do say so myself…which I am…it’s been a pretty strong success. We’ve had interesting sharings, great feedback in the comments and personally, and if you’re into visit numbers, well, yeah, you’ve been showing up.

Plus, I find it fun and never tire of hearing from our Musers. Even when I send them a crazy challenge or a wild question, they always pull through for me.

That folks is just about that…except for…Thank You!

And, the closing you know so well…(seriously, email me some questions)



Dear reader, thank you again for joining us and we’d love to hear from you. Keep smiling and have a fun week. Never stop believing. See you next Sunday…nothing better than being cozy in bed with some Musings.


If you have a question or comment you’d like us to muse upon, do not hesitate to contact me Christine Steeves-Speakman  at MuseChrisChat@gmail.com






No comments: